Community support, through the Health Care Heroes Fund, has enabled us to take action very rapidly during the recent COVID-19 crisis so that we could best care for our patients, each other and our communities. In a short period of time, we have:
- Built additional Intensive Care Units;
- Reconfigured medical-surgical units to be contained COVID-19 units;
- Established drive-by COVID-19 testing;
- Significantly increased our use of telehealth capabilities to care for our patients who do not require a personal visit;
- Worked aggressively to acquire PPE amidst a state and national shortage.
In addition, the Health Care Heroes Fund is providing support to BID Plymouth employees financially affected by the crisis in the following areas:
- Grocery and Nutritional Assistance
- Childcare Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Housing & Utility Assistance
- Medical Expenses Assistance
None of this would be possible without people like you who understand the need for the BID Plymouth Health Care Heroes Fund.
A gift to our Health Care Heroes Fund will enable us to direct funds to the area of greatest need, and to move quickly and nimbly as we continue to adjust the infrastructure of the hospital as needed to plan for future outbreaks.
Thank you for supporting us, so that we focus on what we do best here at BID-Plymouth — taking extraordinary care of patients.