At BID-Plymouth, we are preparing to care for a surge of critically ill COVID-19 patients in the coming days and weeks. We have done so much already, but there is so much more we need to do.
Our BID-Plymouth team has come together in a monumental way to continue providing exceptional care. We have:
- Established an incident command structure, which is a cohesive unit that coordinates rapid, real-time solutions to issues that arise in response to this emergency;
- Re-configured hospital units to treat and isolate COVID-19 patients;
- Implemented imperative strategies to conserve and acquire necessary Personal Protective Equipment;
- Set up telehealth capabilities, enabling patients to be cared for while maintaining social distancing;
- Postponed non-urgent elective procedures, visits, appointments and surgeries;
- Coordinated free housing for quarantined staff.
A gift to our Healthcare Heroes Fund will enable us to direct funds to the area of greatest need, and to move quickly and aggressively in procuring needed supplies and equipment. Thank you for supporting us, so that we focus on what we do best here at BID-Plymouth — taking extraordinary care of patients and each other.